Quote:

Quote:

I loved watching you put that gold car together. Now we get to see you do another. Looking forward to some more progress pics!

Me too - very nice work, very nice thread!! Been watching for a while and just went through the entire thread again.
I also have a '74 (Chilly Challenger thread) and agree with you on saving them rather than making them a '70 or '71 - they made VERY few of them and at some point that's gonna affect prices.
Not that you need anyone's help or advice...but if I may: Just a reminder - get that rear valence on before you weld up them quaters!!I made that mistake on mine and had to redo a few things...
As well, I sandblasted all my nuts and bolts and - save for some that came out nice - I think the job looks better with new hardware in places like the fenders, valences, etc...not sure what you think on that.
On another note, you seemed to have lucked out now that your painter is on board with fixing his mistakes. Obviously he knows you'll have more work for him if he keeps you happy! I do my own painting - so have no-one to balme but myself when things go wrong.
Keep up the good work and all the posting!!
Cheers,
e.

Hey thanks everyone,
I've been trying to get my mind wrapped around this project again. I don't have any excuses on why I haven't worked on it here lately. Been lazy.

I have thought about the rear valance, don't have any pictures of it bolted in place but I have had it bolted up already.
Don't worry I will finish this thing this year.

70cuda383 I'm sure your watching to see me finish this car before thinking about having any work done on yours. I understand and can't wait to finish it.

Making excuses...I am just finishing a drywall/inslulation job in the house and when that's done I'm back out in the garage FULL TIME!

I have had great paint work done by a friend for many years. He has done wonderful work fast, like in 48 hours a couple times on my dragsters. He only had my 71 gold car for 10 days, but that's because I had all the body work done when it got there.I had the bottem and interior painted before he got it too.
I have painted many work trucks over the years so this time I plan to paint the whole thing by myself.