Quote:

Is that the finished project in your sig pic or another Challenger of yours?

This is an awesome thread/project. Thanks for the inspiration!

Brad

Hello,

No it's not this car, it's another 74 that I've had since 1987. Bought it from a friend who bought from his uncle who bought it new. Making me third owner with all original paper work. He gave me all the paper work in 87 but I just recently found the paper work! 360/727 ralley car loaded, pretty rare for a 74.
The 74 that this thread is about came from NY city in 2004, I was gonna part it out after I used some parts from it to built the gold 71 in my sig picture. Ebayed some stuff off of it that covered the cost of it.Gave 2000 bucks for the car complete running with a 318/904 and a 3.23 suregrip with the original am/fm radio in it. I kept asking the guy over the phone if the radio was in the car like it was in the pictures. It was and I sold it for 400 bucks as soon as I got home with the car. It covered my fuel and time to go get it. I have other radios in the basement, as I have had challengers since 1976(bout ten over the years)

Anyway I have taken the last three month's off from this project but recently I have started back on it.I spend too much time here on Moparts!!

Last fall when I tore the car apart I left the rear axle assy together and rolled it into the back yard. Same with the front end end. In the last couple weeks I have disassembled the complete rear end and leaf springs. Found a 323 suregrip in the rear end! that was added at one time, it was originally open. I also stripped the front control arms upper and lower. k MEMBER IS BARE AND IN GOOD SHAPE, NO EGGED OUT HOLES. i WILL WELD IT UP AND ADD SOME GUSSET AROUND THE STEERING MOUNT.Sorry bout the caps. Pressure washed all the grease and grime off of everything.
Starting to get a nice pile of stuff that I will sandblast here soon before paint. Dismounted 4 old tires and discarded them along with thoose old keystones. The tires had water inside them and the rims were really rusty inside. I got all that out of my yard.

I did weld those rear window brackets into the new quarters too, a couple weeks ago.

I have had the rear sheet metal on and off the car about four or five times now and it's gonna fit fine. I just gotta get the balls to weld the floor pan in solid and then concentrate on getting the quarters and rear window filler panel tight. I'm gonna do it here real soon. I hope to finish this car right here on Moparts before the end of the year. I have everthing for the most part right here to make it a 340/4 speed with a 8 3/4 I'm thinking about going with original red color and strobe stripes.

I haven't been sitting around too much, I did windup tearing my kitchen out, so I have to have it back together before Jun 1 for a wedding shower that is gonna happen here. No pressure here.
Plus it's time here lately to cut grass too, 4 acres a week Fun.

Oh well the car project will be there when I'm ready, but it does make me smile every time I look at it, man I love working on these cars
Hey I'm gotta move my 71 so I think I'll take it for a cruise this afternoon, Cya.