Quote:

Keep it up. I am learning a bunch. One of my most favorite posts by far.

Thanks, it's hard to keep it up sometimes!

Good evening everyone, I started out like wild fire begining of Oct, then I wait till the 12 day of this month to work on this car. Well I sure haven't been sitting in front of the computer or in front of the TV that's for sure. I built a 23'x14' wood awning behind my garage,by myself. It took me two weekends, I'm still sore all over.
Plus I lost a mechanic at work which means I get a little more exercise at work here lately.
I've been on the fence on wether I was gonna remove the whole outer wheelhouse or just splice the outter lip onto the original??? Well standing there looking at the car last nite, I decided to replace the whole thing. Took me about a hour and a half just to get the old one out. It was toughest piece yet to get off. IMO The replacement seem to fit pretty good, but the next thing I know I have another hour into it just messing with the fit. I was gonna start on the other side last nite but ran outta time. Once I get it off, then I can get to putting it back together and really see how it's all gonna fit. I'm getting busy at work so I may not have time every nite like I like to work. we'll see.
You saw pictures of my awning, except now it has 8 ounce fiberglass panels on it, sorry too late to take a picture.
Here's the car last nite after I got the outer wheelhouse off.

And here it is with the Goodmark replacement, it seems to fit pretty good. It fits real good inside the new quarter, that's why I decided to replace the whole thing.