Originally Posted By Crabra
I want to put Nitrous on my stock bottom end 318.Of course there are those who say that they will help me pick up my pistons afterward.Please offer some wisdom from those of you that have done it.I am bracket racing and waht to run 13.50.My set up is 318 with j heads with 188 valves.Performer intake and 600 edddy carb.I run 15.60 in the 1/4 mile.Car is a 1972 plymouth duster.Trans is 727.Rear end is 8 and 3/4 with 3.55 sure grip.I will use a 125 power shot system.

if using a power shot (non adj plate) the best thing will be to use a regulator on the fuel side. Start at 5.0 flowing fuel psi, then take 6* timing out of it. The best way to tune it is read the plugs and watch the mph on the time slip. Reduce fuel .5lb at a time, or add .5* timing. Never at the same time, always do these steps independent of each other. If you don't see the mph improve, go back.
Follow these safe tuning steps , you should be able to put literally hundreds of nitrous passes on that 318 as long as its got a sound ring seal (not an oil burner) youll be fine.
My son had a stock junkyard magnum in his car and he prob put hundreds of nitrous passes on it. He would double enter classes and put 20 or more passes on it in one weekend.
Good luck and be safe !

....BAD A$$ STREET CAR.....