Originally Posted By DAYCLONA

6-71 Supercharger/harmonic dampener question

Hey guys, seeing we don't have the "Forced Induction" page here anymore, I hope those running 6/8-71 blowers can help guide me in the right direction?

1969 440/RB 6-71, I'm running a narrow 2 groove accessory crank blower aluminum spacer pulley to have PS/water pump and alt, along with the 3" belt drive, drive ratio is 1 to 1 (34 tooth approx 6" dia. IIRC)question is the balancer, run a new stock internal/neutral unit or a fluid unit?, if so, what brand/style?...cost is no issue, just quality/correct application is.

I feel the added weight along with the increase in tension and leverage on the crank snout may not be ideal for a factory style dampener?, or am I over thinking this?

I would like the dampener thickness to be in relation to the factory thickness due to space/alignment issues

Thanks
Mike

You didn't mention it, but are you upgrading the snout keyway? And I thought a 3" cog style belt didn't need a lot of tension in a mid power application, therefore not over stressing/loading the snout with leverage, correct, anybody?
I'm leaning towards a procharger solution, but they suggest I use a big serpentine, since my application will see some road race, and with the constant quick up and down, they think the serp will be more forgiving. twocents

Reality check, that half the population is smarter then 50% of the people and it's a constantly contested fact.