Had a chemically enhanced best last night. Only spraying a 052 jet through a plate, so child's play compared to what most of you guys are playing with. My first time out with the bottle on this car, and I had a few questions regarding nitrous...

Does DA influence nitrous performance similarly to how it does an NA application. DA was ~2500 last night, and NA performance was off 0.1-0.15 compared to "normal" ~1500ft air, so should a I expect the same shift in better air on the bottle?

Ran a 11.80 @ 112.4 NA, Wallace estimates 410 rwhp at 3800#

Setup is a Performer RPM plate/noids, Bottle behind drivers seat, -6 line to noid. Short braided lines from noids to plate.

I filled up with 100 unleaded (no lead to to EFI/O2 sensors), and pulled 8 deg with a NGK 7 plug. I know, super conservative. 950psi in the bottle. Picked up 0.55 and 7.5 MPH. Plug indicated more timing was needed, added 2 degrees. Picked up another 0.16 and 1 mph, ~515rwhp. 11.08 @ 120.7...so close to 10's, haha

The jetting charts that show a 52 jet being ~100hp seem correct. Plug indicated it could almost use more timing still, fuel looked good, ~12.5 AFR. The lanes were moving real slow at that point, so I packed up and went home.

I am tee-ing off the EFI line for the fuel solenoid, 58 psi pressure, with a 28 jet. It might be a little fat at the hit, but I have a separate AFR target set in the EFI software, so it can make some corrections.

The converter is a fairly loose 9.5", ~4500 flash. The fallback seemed ~250 rpm higher than NA, which seems reasonable.

I know a dedicated low pressure fuel system for the N2O would be preferred, and add another degree of tuning with fuel pressure. I see a lot of street guys running pump gas in the main tank and race gas in the dedicated cell, and I suppose if you tune based on that and keep it consistent, then it would be OK, but I would think having all the fuel the same would be preferred. Any thoughts on mixing fuels?

Datalog attached of N2O run and NA compared to N2O run

N2O.jpgNA to N2O.jpg
Last edited by OUTLAWD; 09/22/16 12:12 PM.

Faster, Faster until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...

71 Swinger - slowly collecting dust/parts
66 Belv. II - just a streetcar
88 Mustang - turbo LS beater