Originally Posted By Monte_Smith
Originally Posted By Jeremiah
I'm getting ready to dyno tune my new 511" low deck this week or next. A few questions:

1) Should I use an inline nitrous filter?

2) Plug gap?

3) How do I purge the fuel solenoid? Through the engine with the bottle turned off?

4) At what RPM should I hit it on the dyno? 5k?

5) The designed max RPM on this combo is 7500. How high should we let it go with the nitrous? Don't worry about my stock block I had it blessed by a holy man.
You nitrous solenoids should have filters, if you bought a kit. Do you fill your own bottles, or have them filled. Most guys who fill use a filter in the fill line to avoid possible contamination in mother bottle. So if this is done no need for an in car filter......But, if won't hurt to run an inline filter.

Plug gap .020-.025

You shouldn't need to purge the fuel solenoid, but if you feel you need to, turn the pump on, crack the line and then retighten. Without engine running of course.

4500-5000 will be fine on activation rpm. If you plan to turn the motor to 7500, that's where you should go

I agree, but I'm running that Wilson pro flow bottle nut that is shaped like a cone and has the filter in side it.
I also run my plug gap at .030" on a single 200 shot and 93 octane but I pull out about 9* of timing too.

2000 Dakota R/T, 408 magnum, 727, Indy heads
1000cfm 4150 carb, 93 octane fuel.
motor; 10.258 @ 132.78
200 shot; 9.262 @ 144.69
racemagnum