To my fellow mopar forced induction enthusiasts....

As I near completion of my procharged small block build, I am having some conflicting thoughts on how to go about getting her ready for tuning. On a brand new build do you guys generally ease into the boost by tuning for lower boost levels first and then moving up to higher, or do you normally just throw all the boost you plan to run at the motor, tune it once and be done with it?

I was thinking of ordering a pulley that will put me somewhere around 7-8psi at first to be a little more on the safe side with the new setup and then swapping to a 15 or so psi pulley once I know that is all working well. I don't know if it's really worth it though, or if I should just save money and time by going straight to the 15psi pulley.

Here is what I'm building up: 69 340 block bored .030 over. Speed Pro pistons (machinist is cutting a small dish into them, he insists there will be more than enough meat to keep it safe from detonation), factory forged crank, main studs, hughes girdle, Eagle H beams, ported w2 econo flowing around 300cfm, head studs and cometic gaskets ported indy 360 intake, solid roller (somewhere in the 250 intake duration range) front mount intercooler, D1SC procharger. Car will run E85 through Fitech 8 fuel injection. A1000 fuel system. I'll be controlling timing through the FItech system using a locked out MSD Billet distributor. FItech has built in wideband for tuning. Hoping we can get the C/R down to 9.5 tops, hopefully a little less.
My goal is to be able to touch 9's in my full interior E body with 4:10 rear once I get the tuning/chassis all worked out. I just don't want to blow it up trying and I know I'll be close.

Last edited by 1mean340; 09/26/16 12:35 PM.