After owning the car a year, I finally got tired of looking at the fenders and pulled them. I used a heat gun to warm up the rubberized undercoating on the back side and scraped it all off little by little. The fenders were originally from a satellite and had trim running down the top edge. A buddy welded up all the emblem holes, wheel lip trim holes, and the trim holes along the top ridge of both fenders. Then I took them to a local metal finishing company and they used aluminum oxide to strip the fenders. When I picked them up I was pleased. The guy who owned the business was blown away by how solid they were. They do have a few dings but nothing bad. This is how they looked after picking them up



Last edited by 70B5Cuda; 12/17/17 01:23 PM.

1970 Barracuda B5 6.1 Hemi/6 speed
1969 Charger survivor in R6 383/727-wrecked 12/24/18
1968 Charger w/ 6.1L/A518/9"
1968 Charger Bomber 440/4spd
1968 Roadrunner w/ 6.1L/6 speed
2010 B5 Challenger SRT 6.1L/6 speed
1997 Dodge Ram 2500 12 valve/5 speed