The only check Bucky has in his posession is the "display" check Mopar presented to him at Belle Rose. For 2006, Mopar Hemi Challenge payouts come from NHRA. We're having them administer the program and assist with marketing.

Bucky's rule violation is far from what has been characterized as "cheating" in some posts here. He hasn't run off with anybody's (Charlie's)money, either. It hasn't been paid out yet.

Mopar values the rigorous inspection that racing in NHRA offers. Would you tow your car all over the country if there was no way to verify if rules were being broken by your competitors?

I was as surprised as all of you when I came to the track Sunday morning and heard the news. Mopar's the last to know !

I was glad to be able to congratulate Charlie (Sr. and Jr.) but I know he would have rather won under different terms, for sure.

Those of you hating on Charlie and/or Bucky... C'mon. Get out to the next Hemi Challenge event at the Jeg's Northern Sportsnationals in Columbus. If you saw this stuff live... how hard these guys work... they make you proud to be into Mopars and even KNOW what a hemi is and what it can do.