Originally Posted By gdonovan
[quote=LAD 524]

Whilst I agree that most pundits cant relate to JF and his fleet of mega dollar rides, what do you think Chief has invested in his "street" car ? wink Not exactly a budget ride built by an average good old boy regardless as to how its been marketed by the show.

How much money do some of the board members have invested in their hemi or 440+6 cars? I'd wager there are a number of board members that have more cash in their bone stock restored vehicles."

Dude, once again apples to bananas. Why do some here insist on making arguments that constitute zero logic ? wink

Are we comparing a numbers matching collector status, concours, investor / gold chainer Hemi / 440 6 cars for the Auction crowd to a 100-150K race car built by a "good old boy" as it was put?

Hardly a valid comparison.

My point was...for the average guy, the coin that was likely spent on the Crow is light years away (i.e.: a LOT of dinero) from what most guys could afford/build. And some here make out like 100+K is chump change ? Huh?

Lets get real and stay on course - they are two completely different things with different levels of investment and commitment required to own them.

How many guys here have bona fide, 100K+ 8-7 sec ride similar to the Crow ? Im betting not as many as those who have 9-10 sec cars under 50K.

Do you see my point ?

As for the NHRA....;)