Originally Posted By pittsburghracer
Some of you guys sound like a bunch of OLD men. Weren't you guys ever young? I street raced many many years ago and if I was young would still be doing it again. I was very lucky and lived in the suburbs 35 miles NE of Pittsburgh PA. The cops and I'm talking several cops over the years thanked us for racing in a safe part of town away from the redlights and in an area where it ways a divided highway with no oncoming traffic and limited accesses to get on. Don't act like saints guys.
I like to think being old makes us a little smarter. Sure, most of us street raced to some extent when we were younger. Learned real fast that without a time slip it didn't prove anything. And yes, it was dangerous. The guy with the biggest mouth usually won. Started going to the track to race ( 1963 - long before most participating in this thread were a dream ). I now had proof how fast my car was - and they just had - a big mouth. Remember, we didn't get to be old by doing a bunch of stupid, illegal shat - and it aint the first time we have seen this type of stuff. You wanna teach your kids / grand kids how to do illegal shat and live a short life, party down.

Fastest 300