Originally Posted By polyspheric
I hate bad news as much as the next guy, but in terms of "where is the culture going" wrecks are no worse than MMA (how many re-tweets of Holm's head kick to RR have you seen? It's in the millions) and "bench clearing fights" among $1 million per game athletes.
If I were to intervene to control violence, it would be against intentional infliction of harm first.

As long as no one but the participants are at risk (so far, this is accurate), and they understand what can happen, I'd let it go.
- because it attaches that "wreck" mentality to the sport / hobby we love and does nothing but drag it down in the eyes of the public. The exact opposite of what NHRA was trying to do originally. We all have a choice in regards to where the culture is going - and our sport / hobby. "Street Outlaws"; what a perfect venue for our kids in the junior dragster program to follow. Real roll models. realcrazy I respect others opinions, but supporting venues like Street Outlaws is not what we should be doing - IMO.

Fastest 300