Originally Posted By pittsburghracer
Some of you guys sound like a bunch of OLD men. Weren't you guys ever young? I street raced many many years ago and if I was young would still be doing it again. I was very lucky and lived in the suburbs 35 miles NE of Pittsburgh PA. The cops and I'm talking several cops over the years thanked us for racing in a safe part of town away from the redlights and in an area where it ways a divided highway with no oncoming traffic and limited accesses to get on. Don't act like saints guys.

Well I am not as young as I used to be so I may be an old man. grin I did say I have street raced years ago when I was younger and dumber so I am not rying to be a Saint as that I am not. I would not street race now as I know its not worth the trouble I would get in if I got caught as I dont need my car impounded or a ticket that cost hundreds of dollars. I also would not want to hurt anyone street racing. Many years ago I had a kid run out in front of my truck and he was a young kid that was smaller then the front of my 68 Ford F-150 pick-up was as I guess he was about 4 or 5 years old. It was raining and he had been in the middle of the road with his dad standing on the centerline and just as I went by the kid ran into my truck. I was doing about 30 mph and he hit the grille and slid off the road under a car. I did not turn the wheel as I did not want to run him over so I just locked the brakes. He was bleeding out his ear and had a concusion but he was ok and only spent 2 days in a hospital. But my point is that it scared the living hell out of me and I always think.......what if I had been street racing and that happened to me and him. I would not want to live with the fact I could have hurt him street racing so thats just another reason I wont street race and I dont need the trouble it would bring if I got caught.

But yes I did some street racing years ago when I was younger so I am no saint. I am older and maybe not as dumb but smart enough to know I dont need street racing as I think its stupid now even though I did some years ago.

But this is just a goffy reality show we are talking about that has got to many all fired up. shruggy Ron

Last edited by 383man; 11/17/15 08:49 PM.