Originally Posted By polyspheric
"I have never heard of an Implied Consent Form being denied by a court."
Judges shred them every day - not because the concept is vague, but because the semi-literate attorneys can't construct anything more complex than a lunch order. Perhaps you're thinking of Traffic Court?

An Implied Consent Form (like you get from the vending machine in the DMV) is the wet Kleenex of waivers, the absolute weakest protection, since the actual risk does not appear as specific language, instead "the subscribed Party releases everyone from anything"; hence, the term "implied". An easy visual "tell": it's notarized as an affidavit ("subscribed & sworn") rather than the proper language.

"Just because you get sued don't mean a thing."
Actually, that part isn't shown on your favorite TV show. It's where the insurance company pisses blood when they see that the Implied Consent Form they were relying on is based on a model recently deprecated in an Appellate Court decision, and offers a settlement. See, you don't have to actually win a decision to get money?

Not sure? Perhaps you might try reading "The New York Law Journal" instead of Tiger Beat, that's the paper of record for the New York State First Judicial Department. I had it delivered to my office every morning - as Court staff I got it free, it's only $480. a year to students.

OK hero.

If you know so much, why is it the insurance companies "piss blood"??

You and I both KNOW it's because they are into mitigating THEIR loses, not prove who is right or wrong.

I don't give a single %^$# what you read or get for free, or where you work or worked.

When Lori Johns got tangled up with Jim Van Cleve and threated to sue EVERYONE (which is how she got to TF...in part) the INSURANCE LAWYERS folded up and PAID to keep it out of the courts, for FEAR a rogue judge will do the dirty to them.

Then none of us would race.
Let me know when you get to the real world.

And don't PM me again.

Just because you think it won't make it true. Horsepower is KING. To dispute this is stupid. C. Alston