Originally Posted By pittsburghracer
Guys listen up. Drag racing is and probably always will be a "bad word" to Joe Public. I can also tell many of you guys don't get around much to car shows or local races. Farm truck and his buddy attended the World Of Wheels custom car show last Winter and I stood in a line of people 4-5 wide and a block and a half long. We had a blast talking to people we never met hooting and hollering talking about a subject we all loved, CARS. Our local track Pittsburgh Raceway Park now has "street Car" only racing once or twice a month and the place is packed. Its also helped bring some of these cars in for our weekly test n tune days. Cars that were never seen before are making there way to the track. grudge races can be arranged. Andrea (I think that's how you spell his name) made at least two of these races signing autographs and the kids couldn't be happier with their day at the track. Quaker City in Ohio now has their Dad's Racing Series supported all by spounsers covering the payouts. People that had zero interest in racing are now supporting the sport and providing payouts to the racers. This is a all heads-up series from street cars to outlaw. Get your heads out of the sand and look around for the positive this show is bringing to our sport and unless your local track or area is not stepping up to the plate and joining the FUN they missed the boat. Legal street racing on the track. Dam I wish they had this when I was younger.

iagree Any of you guys that think this show is bad for the sport, yall absolutely need to get out more and/or get your head out of the sand. Everything Monte Smith said is spot on. The Street Outlaw guys get booked at a few tracks around here pretty often and they ALWAYS have HUGE crowds come out to see them.

CHIP
'70 hemicuda, 575" Hemi, 727, Dana 60
'69 road runner, 440-6, 18 spline 4 speed, Dana 60
'71 Demon, 340, low gear 904, 8.75
'73 Chrysler New Yorker, 440, 727, 8.75
'90 Chevy 454SS Silverado, 476" BBC, TH400, 14 bolt
'06 GMC 2500HD LBZ Duramax