Originally Posted By Spaceman Spiff

When was the last time you saw a pro stock car and thought, gee, that looks like what I drive??

When I bought my new Dart I looked and looked, but there were no Allen Johnson option boxes to check. laugh2

Tina and Daddy Dave crashed on race tracks and the keyboard commandos still had their panties in a bunch.

Technically, Chief did not wreck street racing. He wrecked while filming a "reality" TV show on a closed set.

I am not really a fan of street racing, but it's going to happen one way or the other. You can't deny that these guys are great for the sport because they pack any track they go to, and they seem to make a lot of track appearances.

As for the public's perception of drag racers based on the show, even though the show gets huge ratings, it's still a really small percentage of the population watching. I wear Farmtruck and Barefoot Ronnie T-shirts all over and rarely meet anyone who even knows who either one is.

Funny thing, now that I am old, I really don't give a flying @@@@ about what the public thinks about me being a drag racer or bike rider. boogie

"Everybody funny, now you funny too."