Quote:

I stuck my new plug wires on the ohm meter. Going through the cap and wire I can see a big difference between the Taylor's and Fire cores.
I went with the HEI style cap lugs, (male) over the mopar style (female)
The Taylor's were 1.4 ohms

Fire cores were .13 ohms.

One thing you need to remember on how the spark travels down the spark plug wires and how your testing the conductor that carrys the spark, electricity, (the ohm meter uses it low voltage internal battery to conduct the ohm test with minimal voltage) will always take the easiest path that will carry the load. The ohm test is testing the easeist path with very low voltage and almost no amps You should probally take the connectors off of each end of the spark plug wires and test the inner graphite nylon core that the ignition spark will travel down to the the spark plug, not the tiny outer stainless wires that the spark won't travel due to it having a lot higher restitance than the inner core, when new, do to the overall length. Spark plug wires wear out with use, the higher the resitance to the spark the faster they wear out I've seen the inner graphite coating burnt off of the nylon centers on the early radio suppression spark plug wires that didn't have the outer stainless wire wrapped around them like a lot of the new Hi Po wires for racing have now I had a miss that had affected the three shorter wires,#4,6 and 8, on the passenger side of my old 440 powered bracket Duster. It would start to miss the last three hundred feet of the 1/4 mile,those plugs look a litle different, not fouled, but not as clean as the rest of the plugs. I ohmed the wires and found those three wires where not testing like the rest of the wires and took them apart to find out why Be careful when it comes to racing and trouble shooting, it can drive you absolutely nuts

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)