Quote:

Question for Monte= At what point did you start to experience trouble with different types of plug wires? I run a digital seven MSD unit, alky,(actually M5, which has about 5 percent nitroparafins in it) .027 gap, 15/1 compression, Blue Max wires.

You will PROBABLY never have a problem on a car with carbs and a standard ignition. Again, EFI cars is where we see it......................And you tell somebody that and you get the "well, every Pro-Stocker I have ever seen has Moroso wires".............well so what, we are NOT building a damn Pro-Stocker. We have a twin turbo big block, making 3500hp. What do wires on a Pro-Stocker have to with that. Everybody wants to relate to something other than what they are doing................But see, HERE is where I generally do things different. When I learn something, I try to APPLY that knowledge. Now when I see that a certain wire causes problems on an EFI car, I won't put it on ANY car, why would I. Problems on any combo, tells me that wire is not as good as another wire, and COULD potentially cause an issue with electronics, so why use the inferior product, even though it seems to "work good enough" on some cars. Just like this whole damn thread about wiring. I KNOW FOR A FACT, the "floating ground" has worked better for me and solved some issues. That alone, tells me that it is better, regardless of the application, so why not use it and avoid a problem BEFORE you have it. If you only do what you have ALWAYS done, or what was "good enough" you will NEVER be better............I always strive to be BETTER.

I understand money and budgets............but a LOT of this stuff just simply boils down to guys wanting to do it "cheap and easy"

Monte