Quote:

Quote:

So in my opinion and this is strictly MY opinion........you are making two serious mistakes. The first is going blowthrough, the second is not rewiring the car.

And it doesn't matter what I had on my mind or what was going on. My thoughts on your project haven't changed. All that factory wiring serves ZERO purpose for what you intend to do and is only asking for trouble to leave it in there..........Not to mention this has been a race car for a long time and all sorts of wiring changes over the years. So STRIP it, do it RIGHT. You didn't want to.

Monte

I went through a complete re-wire on my plane and it was a real pain. I did just about what you described but it isn't laden with a bunch of electronic stuff. Mike rewired the race stuff on the car just before I bought it from him and I intend to replace almost all of that stuff he did to suit my preferences, and gain room for a passenger to sit in the right seat by relocating the MSD 3. Problem is with the left-right bar blocking the dash it all has to be done while laying on your back on the floor looking up into the underdash. Maybe it is my belief that I wouldn't ask anybody to something I wouldn't. Working on my back is just plain painful to me with the plate in my neck. Luckily the car wiring itself is pretty much unmolested (ie the lights work), so all I need to do is change the race car stuff, relocate the MSD box and the switches. The dash isn't coming out anytime soon. Too bad cause I would change it to a rally.

So anyways, why wouldn't having a separate power and ground buss for the race car stuff not work? So far that MSD seems to be happy the way it is.

I never said it would be easy........I just said what SHOULD be done. I have laid on my back in a MANY a car and rewired the whole thing. You just have to do what you have to do. You build the harness OUTSIDE the car anyway and then install it. The "lights work" is also not a very sound way to determine the validity of a wiring harness either.

Obviously you are going to do it the way YOU want to do it and are just trying to get somebody to tell you that it will be fine. Maybe it will, maybe it won't........who knows. My point was that MYSELF, I wouldn't risk it. And from my side........if I wired the car the way YOU wanted it and then there were issues, those "issues" fall on ME to find and fix. Sorry, but given those options, I will pass on the job instead of just taking the money to do something I feel is wrong and may potentially cause me and you both real grief.

Monte