"#6 .... A shielded wire as part of that harness with a foil covering grounded at the module end only will act as a capacitor helping disperse noise."

This is a new sub topic. Just want to be clear here on what the 3? knowledgeable engineers meant.

Are we saying connecting shields at the "module end" is to be discouraged, or that both ends is better, or only connect at the power source end for grounding the shield?

Do we mean by "disperse", to reduce in effect, or to send to other devices with a negative result?

Revision:
OK, the first question I asked above I should know is kinda dumb, since we are talking "sensor shields", and grounding at one end is a given standard. Maybe my first thought was really, ground the shield at the module, or take it all the way to the the "floating central ground, and then kinda answer my next question about disperse, which I thinking everybody but me understands to mean dissipate the noise issue.

Last edited by jcc; 01/10/15 03:30 PM.

Reality check, that half the population is smarter then 50% of the people and it's a constantly contested fact.