This is a great thread.

There is a plastic plate in my Demon similar to the one I posted a pic of which looks to be aluminum (and bolted to the cage). My MSD7-3 sticks out in the passenger area just like that example which is kind of a pain for passengers. Also has an electrical do-dad to time the Naws second system, and some other stuff on it. The fuse block is under the dash, switches for all the race stuff on the shifter. None is as pretty as the pic I posted which is from a guy here's website.

This is now a street car that I play at the track with, driving there if I feel like it. I will be replacing all the race wiring Mike put in cause I want my switches located up front and the line loc / TB behind the shifter on their own stand. So, as I plan to rewire the car and all this talk of isolating grounds comes up, I chimed in. Here is why:

I also am taking the naws off the 496 and am gonna first run it NA on (10-1) pump swill. I wanted to boost the motor instead of spray to get the same 1200 HP, and to keep things under the cowl a 90* setup off the tall single plane (that matches the heads), with a EFI throttle body would have been way better than a blow through. Blowing through a Dom on a tall manifold will make me have to cut a hole in the hood for the hat.

After I got the news about wiring from Monte and having to completely rip out the 44 yr old stuff, my plans changed immediately. Especially after an hour later where I was offered a killer deal on a E-85 blow through V7-YSi setup that I could watch run that night on the car. Way, way cheaper and not sensitive to stray electrons any more than the NA setup. So I jumped on the deal.

But the car still needs the race stuff redone and I would like to do that right. I would still like to know why running the car stuff as is (I include the water pump, fuel pumps, fans, line loc, TB in that category also) and the race stuff (electronic ign) on a separate circuit won't work. Hell, the thing went mid 9000's like this so the sparks were sparking.

Another thing is the new wires will be user friendly and easy to get to. It is a real pain to try to crawl backwards over X door bars to get to a fuse or change a wire. I don't know how Mike did it.