Quote:

Quote:

I KNOW what works for ME and what is trouble free and THAT is what I will continue to do.....NOT interested in how factory street cars are wired. I have several outside I could look at if I wanted to know.......You guys can have it from here

Monte

As a business owner and entrepreneur you have to protect your reputation........like when I talk to the painters I know, they grind out any old body filler and start with clean metal so nothing affects their work. Same with old wiring. Not an attack just an observation. And my previous post basically agrees with you.

I worked in an EMI lab years ago, with engineers on an on-call basis. We would wrap modules and wiring with aluminum foil to one-by-on eliminate noise during tests on a new vehicle program. That would get sent back to the harness or module supplier for update. These tests took days sometimes longer than a week. Inductive coupling was a major nuisance. There is theoretical science in electronics that cannot be determined, on the drawing board so to speak, to the "real world" level without actual testing. So just looking at a car in the parking lot and mimicking it is a pretty funny statement.

Production vehicles have had "Clean" grounds since, at least, the late 80's. Given the number of onboard computers in todays high option cars, new car builders/companies only have to protect what could be now in the billions in cost for warranty and then loss of future sales. Nothing to learn from there for sure. The average racer it could cost thousands in a final round.

Glad someone mentioned "twisted pair". Sensors leads tend to act as attennae for noise (depending on length vs frequency). Twisted pair shields that out and gives a cleaner signal to your module. We all want that.

And when I said the "Copper was best" it was from a cost perspective.

Never ending argument regarding what applications have the most sensitive electronic packages ( race cares or street cars ). Street cars Shirley have more of it. As far as comparing warrantee costs to last round wins - You're kidding right??? Technology goes both ways regarding racing applications and street applications. "Experts" on both sides of that fence - fighting the same gremlins. I'm open to seeing both side of this argument. In the end, everyone has to make up their own minds on how they want to do ( wire) their stuff. I learned some stuff and will probably be redoing some wiring on my race car. ( I will continue to use the frame as a ground - works for me ). I am in the process of doing a complete wiring job on another project of mine. Starting from scratch. It will be carbureted at first, but will probably go to an EFI system in the future. This thread will be helpful in that regard. Although I am not the OP,thanks to all that contributed.

8391330-33kiddiecar.jpg (145 downloads)

Fastest 300