I ordered a headlight relay kit from a member over on FABO and it arrived on Saturday. At first I mounted the relays on the inner fender below the battery tray. I thought they would be hidden there but I was wrong.

I thought about building a cover that would hang down underneath the tray but didn't think that would look very good.

With some advice from other online friends, yesterday I remounted the relays to the underside of the tray itself.

I like this a lot better. You can barely even see them now. With the rest of the engine compartment assembled, you probably won't be able to see them at all. I'll be mounting a bus bar to the underside of the tray as well. I'll run a wire from the starter relay to power the bar. When I install relays for the convert top motor, I can tie right onto the other terminals on the bar.

While I was at it, I also mounted the oil vapor separator to the PS inner fender. The PCV breather will be at the back of the PS valve cover. The hose will go right into the tank and then go right into the carb. It should look clean this way. I will be removing the lettering from the tank before it's installed permanently.

I was a little quick to get the K-member powder coated over the winter. There are some more modifications I want to make so it will need to be coated again. I bought a torque strap for the engine but ran into an issue with the K-member bracket. The pinch weld lip on this K isn't wide enough to mount the bracket. The holes that need to be drilled would be right at the edge of the lip. I thought about widening the lip but decided just to have the bracket welded to the K instead.

I also decided to add a skid plate to the bottom. I made one out of cardboard just to see what it would look like.

Then I made it out of metal.

The back curved section is open right now. I wasn't sure how to make that section. I ended up just cutting out a strip of metal and bent it to fit the area. It will be welded onto the back side once the rest of the plate is tacked on.