I've also been working on a bracket to mount a trans cooler in front of the radiator. I picked up a scrap piece of 1/8" aluminum and started cutting. I was surprised how nicely aluminum cuts on a table saw.

I bolted two vertical pieces to the rad support on either side of the hood latch bracket. After temporarily attaching the cooler, I tried to come up with an optimal location to mount the cooler bracket. I had planned on mounting it a lot lower but that wasn't going to work very well. The Dart has a tall bumper and no front valance. If I mounted the cooler towards the bottom of the opening, it wouldn't have received any air flow. The bumper would have blocked all of the air. I set the grill in place and decided to put the cooler up high so it would get direct air flow. The hood latch blocks a little bit of airflow but I didn't have much space to work with.

After I had the location figured out, I drilled three 1.25" holes through the bracket on either side of the cooler. These holes are so I didn't block air flow to the radiator.

I tried finding someone local who had some dimple dies so I could flare the holes. I wasn't able to find anyone though. I ended up buying a 1.25" dimple die and flared the holes myself.

I slightly polished the bracket with some steel wool and wadding cloth. I'm not sure what finish I want on it yet. I might polish it or I might paint it black. I think it turned out nice.

As far as hooking up the cooler lines, I didn't really want to drill extra holes through the rad support. Directly below the frame rails, there were some existing square holes I decided to use. I drilled out those holes a little larger and installed some 6AN bulkhead fittings. Now I can hook everything up with AN fittings for a clean look. Once I buy a radiator, I can work on hooking up the other side.

I also started making an aluminum gas pedal cover. I'm probably about half way done with that. Then I can start making a brake pedal cover.

About half done...