The rear end is done. It's a 741 case 8-3/4 that was narrowed slightly from A-body width.(it started life as a C-body unit) I'm drawing a blank on the actual width right now but it's as narrow as Dr Diff recommends. Any narrower and the outer U-bolts would land on the housing ends. The perches were moved in 1/2" per side as well. The center section components, axles, perch relocation parts and brake kit all came from Dr Diff.

I picked up the center section cheap at a swap meet. The cone sure grip in it was junk so I bought a new clutch style for it. The case was blasted and powder coated clear.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

The brake lines are from Fine Lines. They made the lines to fit a Wilwood disc kit which I thought I was going to use years ago when I got the lines. With the Dr Diff kit, the lines can actually go all the way to the ends of the axle tubes. Since my lines were short, I had to route the hoses differently. I drilled and tapped holes in the axle tubes for the stand-off brackets. I used thread sealer on the bolts so I shouldn't have any leaks there.
[Linked Image]

I stripped the housing and filled the pits before spraying with Easwood's Extreme Chassis Black satin.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Installed a drain plug into the bottom of the housing.
[Linked Image]

The completed rear...
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]