Just a small update. There is a company called Illumin8s that sells a multi function LED parking light kit for Challenger, Cuda, Charger and some GM products. You may have seen this video before but here's how they work...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nactAwM4Wtw

They didn't make a kit for the 68 Dart so I contacted them about making me one. I sent them one of my parking light housings and they designed a kit that they are now going to offer. Here is what it looks like installed in the housing. The LED just plugs into the existing socket...there is no modification to the stock wiring.

What I'm going to do is rewire the parking lights and hook them up to ignition "RUN" power. They will act as a daytime running light this way. Since I'm concerned they may be too bright at night,(they sit so high up on the grill)I'm also going to run the power wire through a toggle switch. I'll install a stock switch and bezel in place of the cigarette lighter. This way, I can turn them off at night.

Now I just have to come up with something for the tail lights. There is an LED kit available for the 69 Dart but nothing for the 68.