Still working on the console.

I cut the factory bracket off the floor since the new shifter requires a much shorter bracket.

I used a steel plate and some wood to mock up where I needed the shifter to be. I ended up moving it about an 1/8" to the passengers side from where I originally intended to put it. With it slightly farther to the right side, I can bolt an extension onto the side of the reverse lockout lever. Otherwise I would have had to weld an extension onto the top of the existing lever.

With my measurements taken, I started building a template out of cardboard. My father-in-law calls that a CAD system.(cardboard aided design)

I reinforced the template so it would support the weight of the shifter and made sure the design was going to work. Then I started making the bracket out of 18 gauge sheet metal.

I cut the cardboard template apart and transferred it to the sheet metal. I bolted a 30" sheet metal brake to my work bench that my father-in-law had given me a few month prior. This was my first time using it but I think the bracket turned out nice. Once I have the final shifter position marked, I'll drill the holes and have nuts welded on the bottom side.