A couple years ago, I gave a C-body 8-3/4 housing to someone to have shortened. I never got it back. They stopped answering emails and phone calls went unanswered. It was a freebie when I bought the Dart so I wasn't out any money, but it was still frustrating. This year at the Nats, I talked to the guy I bought the car from and told him the situation. Since scrap prices have been low for a long time, he still had some wide 8-3/4 housings sitting out back. He said I could stop by grab a new one.

I found someone else local that has the equipment and gave him the housing. He was really busy but worked it in his schedule. I got it back last week. Stock A-body width is 52-5/8". I had the housing cut to 51-1/4". That's the minimum length Dr Diff recommends with his 1/2" spring relocation hangers. Any narrower and the outer U-bolts would hit the housing ends.

Last Sunday I ordered axles, rear disc brakes, E-brake cables and spring hangers from Dr Diff. Everything got here on Thursday. Talk about great service. I got the brakes all mocked up and they fit really nice. It's nice to buy something and have it fit like it should the first time.

I ordered new brake lines from Fine Lines a couple years ago. They cut the axle brake lines short for me since I told them I was going to use rear discs. At the time I was planning on using a Wilwood kit. The Wilwood kit must use shorter brake hoses because the lines are too long right now. I need to find someone that can double flare stainless lines so I can cut these shorter. I'd like to mount the brake hose bracket on the back side of the housing. I think it will look nice and be a cleaner install on the back side rather than on the top. My only concern is the shock clearance. I'm not sure how much clearance there is between the axle tube and the shock body. I don't want the hose/line to get in the way.

The E-brake cables that showed up are really nice looking pieces. I guess I was expecting some generic cut-to-fit type cable but these are super nice. I need to weld a clip to the front of the PS axle tube to hold the cable since this replacement housing didn't have one there. Once the lines are hooked up and the clip gets welded, I can mount the assembly under the car and measure for wheels/tires. Then it will come back out so I can blast, smooth and paint the housing. Now I need to save up for the front brake kit...

It's kind of funny the at 11.7", the rear rotors are larger then my Challenger's stock front rotors. The Dart originally came with 4 wheel drum brakes and no front sway bar. It should stop and handle a lot better once I'm done with it.