The mirrors, door handles and locks are in. Dad came over and gave me a hand putting the vent window/side windows in the doors last week. I was not looking forward to that but it actually went pretty quickly/easily. This past spring I sent the vent window pivots off for re-chroming. I got an estimate back from the platers that it was going to cost $700. That wasn't going to happen so I started looking for some really nice factory replacements. A few people online said they had some but pictures that were sent were hard to tell their true condition. I've been burned in the past when 1 person says a part is nice...then I receive said part and it's anything but nice. In the end I sanded down the chrome on my original pivots and had them powder coated semi-gloss black. I think they will look OK since the vent window rubber seal is black. I see a lot of A-bodies with badly pitted chrome pivots at shows. This will at least look better then that.
[Linked Image]

Saturday morning I installed the inner fender splash shields. I had to take the 2 studs/nuts loose at the bottom of the fenders to get them slid into place. I also found that they were easier to install without the upper rubber seal in place. Once everything was adjusted and bolted in place, I re-installed the upper rubber seal.
[Linked Image]

Then I started masking the car in preparation for spraying the undercoating. This was my first attempt at spraying undercoating and it was interesting to say the least. I should have masked off the UCA/upper shock mount area but I didn't. I thought I'd be able to direct the spray around the area. Needless to say, I got some overspray around that area but it is what it is I guess. The undercoating gun didn't come with a cup so I bought a bottle of 3M body schutz and used that as a base. Then I poured RestoRick's undercoating into that bottle and sprayed it over the top. 1 bottle of the 3M body schutz did a medium coat on 3 wheel wells. I used around 35 psi for the 3m product. That was way too high of a pressure for the RestoRick undercoating. My first pass with that stuff just flew out of the gun and layed out completely smooth. After lowering the psi to 20-25, it started spraying out like undercoating should look. The rear wheel wells look good. The back of the front wheel wells look good. I'm a little thin on the front sections behind the headlight and down the fender in-front of the tire. I might go back and spray another coat in those areas.

[Linked Image]