I got done rebuilding one of the horns yesterday. Only one of them worked when I tested them. I used Mike Ross' post on how to rebuild a Prestolite horn for reference. It was basically the same procedure rebuilding(just cleaning really)my Sparton horn.

First I drilled the heads off of all six rivets and separated the two halves.

Once they were apart I drilled and tapped the rivets for 8-32 allen head screws. This wasn't fun because the rivets wanted to spin inside the cone housing. I had to remove them and glue them in the housing.

I made two new gaskets from a Christmas box my wife had been saving....don't tell her. I used some C-clamps to hold the horn together while testing. Just like Mike said, all that was needed to get it working again was to sand the contacts.

Once it was screwed back together I tested it again just to make sure the center piece hadn't shifted. It still worked so it was ready for paint. Since I'm not going back stock with the car I didn't bother sanding on the allen screws to make them look more like rivets. I'm going to use allen head fasteners on the engine so it will all tie together.

This picture was taken right after I sprayed it. It dried slightly less glossy then what it looks like in this picture.

I also cleaned up the shifter pivot bracket that bolts to the trans. It cleaned up nicely.

I still have to buy a new bushing...the original was in two pieces.