Quote:

I don't have a horse in this race, but after all of this jibber-jabber I must add: That what IMPRESSES ME the most is a guy (or girl) having FUN with their ride at the level in which they can afford. What makes drag racing great is there are classes/races for everyone and every car. Some cars/combos are impressive and some are not...but not necessarily to the same person.

On the other hand, shouldn't a 2400#, tube frame, big tire, 500+" aluminum head-motor-ed DAYTONA be way faster than mid-8's? Maybe the bottle would make it as fast as it should be N/A. Just wondering. I mean if a 3200# Cuda/Dart can go 8.60's in bad air...with "only" 440 inches of Hemi...

Oh, one more thing: MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL. Nitrous or N/A, big tire or small, or any combination...

I never meant for this post to become personal or hurt anyone's feelings. Its just that we can't talk about feeler gauges, 8 3/4 rear-ends, and would an 850 carb make my car faster, for the next 3 months. Heck one guy from Canada even called me a dude. I won't even make a comment to you about how simple and inexpensive my 8.60 engine build in the daytona was. I will say it was full of that so called 440source junk and never let me down.

1970 Duster
Edelbrock headed 408
5.984@112.52
422 Indy headed small block
5.982@112.56 mph
9.42@138.27

Livin and lovin life one day at a time