When I was 16, I wanted to have the fastest d*mn thing I could afford. It end up being a mild 8 to 1 compression forged piston 360, with a sniper kit. (the cheapest kit nos sold at the time). With the jets provided, it dropped the et by 1.5 seconds. The engine wasnt very efficiet because it was all i could afford. But the nitrous helped, and made the truck more drivable.

Plain and simple, it cost money to go fast, NA, power added, flux capacitors... whatever.

Everybody has a budget, and to make equivalent power NA, sometimes it takes more money for good parts. At the entry level, people can go faster with nitrous, but I wouldnt say the same for cars that run heads up 10.5 racing for example.

Budget always dictates goals and aspirations (at least for the majority)!!

Budget minded fast ET's are cool, especially ones that are reliable.

I dont care if it is a bracket car, street car, drag car, or a bicycle, if it runs like h&ll and doesnt break the bank, then it is probably fun.

What doesnt impress me is a car that has not been sorted out, or was not researched well when built. As my father tells me, its the hole combination of everything working together, not just one thing.

By the way should we start this same argument for sticks vs auto, see signature below JK of course....

Interested in having you car wired? Drag car, street car, EFI swap? PM for details