My great grandfather was killed in the line of duty in St Louis in 1936 (http://www.odmp.org/officer.php?oid=3985). I have an uncle on the force there in St Louis, he and my aunt attend the SLPD's memorial luncheon every year for officers killed in the line of duty. They call each officer's name, and any family members in attendance stand in memory of the officer.

It always makes me sad to hear about an officer down. It reminds me of the story my grandparents told about my great grandfather, how it impacted the family, and makes me think how there is a family behind every officer down. To log onto Moparts yesterday morning and see the news about Unlawful, well, it was very shocking and sad.

I didn't know Gary other than through the keyboard, but he sure impressed me as a great person. Makes me wish I had not been so busy hunting parts in the swap meet at the Nats the past couple years and had found the time to meet everyone at the Moparts tent, would have been able to meet more of you and probably would have met Gary in person.

I have read every reply in this thread and it's clear Gary was an outstanding human being. To his family and to those of you who knew him personally, I am truly sorry for your loss.

Chicks in the mirror
are fatter than they appear