Things will never be the same again Bubba, I can only relate how I felt when my life long friend died while on his vacation celebrating his 10th wedding anniversary.

We were as close as two normal men could be and I still can't think of him without falling apart, and don't see the day that will change, I'm not sure I want that day to come.

I got a call at work from my sister that Mark (my friend) was in the hospital and they didn't think he would survive, my world fell apart in that moment, I lost it and there was nothing I could do, I was shaking so bad they sent me home.

When Mark and I were young we talked about a lot of things, one of them was that we would be together when the end came just like we were when both of are Fathers died with in a month each other, we were only 15 at the time.

I made the trip to Florida in record time and was in Marks room at 3:30 AM, where I put a guitar pick in his hand that he had given me some 20 years earlier, I can't say with certainty that he knew I was there, but we did play all of our favorite songs that night just like we did growing up playing in the bars around Detroit.

That guitar pick is somewhere in the gulf of Mexico, a tribute to a free spirit that loved the ocean.

Marks wife gave me his favorite guitar, to this day I've not been able to take it out the case and play it, but that day will come and I look forward to moment.

While my life will never be quite the same, Mark lives everyday in my heart and memory's just as Gary will in yours, be proud you were blessed with such a good friend

Ed