My deepest regards go out to Nikki and Gary's family, as well as everyone here on MOPARTS..

I was informed of this terrible news yesterday when I recieved a call from markbeep. I started to read it , but could not finish it in one setting.

I feel that I am one of the VERY lucky ones to have met Gary. But bare with me..

I knew him here on Moparts and talked to him a little through pm's about his Moparty's, That I never made it to. I finally got a chance to meet him at Best Machine last year when I went out to pick up my tranny from 727Jim.. I kinda had mixed signals from Gary at first. I thought he was short and sorta "prickish" when meeting him. We only talked for about 20-30 minutes.. I was kinda confused.

When I got back home, after the 6 hour drive, I made a post here about meeting Gary, Steff, 727Jim, his son Ryan and Chuck, at Best.. I said I was dissappointed about not seeing some cars. Gary pm'd me and was VERY APOLOGETIC. Little did I know at the time that it was the same day that he and Nikki made the decision to put of their "children" {Boxers} to sleep. Since then, Gary and I became a little closer through pm's and e-mails. I wish I could've gotten to know you ALOT better.

He gave me the BEST compliment I ever recieved about my car when he made the post about how much of a "jalopy" it was when I bought it. That made me feel soo GREAT about myself and what I accomplished.. I only wish that he was around now to know that the head gaskets are going back on tonight and he is able to go for a ride anytime... I'll miss ya man.. Thanks for being an AWESOME FRIEND.. .as I type through VERY teary eyes...

"He was the best of us."

When you decide to quit, THAT is the moment when you would've succeeded..