I really dont know what to say either.I just turned on the computer and saw this now. I never met Gary in person because we lived so far apart, but being a mopar dude and a cop as well, Gary and I spoke several times via the phone about police work, personal problems and our line of work. I had a lot more yeras on the job than Gary and he called a few times asking what I would do, or what I thought regarding certain situations. We bacame friends in that way and on this board as well. I wanted to be the only West coast guy at the BBQ last year but could not swing it. Gary was 10 times the mechanic I am and probably twice the human being I am, but we had the same ideas of police work and trying to show people that all cops are not angry and hard to deal with and that we have compassion. He liked that idea as well and seemed to go to great lengths as well to show that. I too have a BBQ called Cops and Rodders every couple of years out here in Nevada. Its comprised of cops and Mopar guys, so they can meet one another and exchange values, ideas and friendship. Cops can become quite bitter over the years, expecially if they hang out with only other cops and dont see the good side of the public. Gary never seemed to get that way!!!! And I as a 20 plus year veteran respected him for that.

I will do my best to see if I can drum up some financial support from my department from some of the local cops, (Douglas County Nevada near Lake Tahoe) and my Mopar buddies. Maybe we can all help his family in some way.

If anyone out West or any where else for that matter is interested, on June 19th, I will be having that BBQ which is BBQ pig and beer. You are all welcome to come as there is usually 150 plus people and I live on 2.5 acres. There will be a moment of silence in honor of UNLAWFL there.

I know its out of the question for most of you, but I know you will be here in spirit. There is also room for trailers, campers, tents, ect here, everyone is welcome.

I am writting this from my work computer, so I cant post the flier I just made and will post it later when I get home and hopefully it will get a pin as well.

I also just want to say thnaks to the members here for the way they they are treating this situation as usually I only see type of support in our field. I am sure Gary is looking down right now and very happy with the response and admiration hes getting, you folks are amazing!

God speed Gary. were going to miss you!

Nevada Dave/ LAWFISH,