I took my Challenger to the funeral home today. What a glorious day for a drive. It was the kind of day that makes you feel great without any other enhancers. There were a zillion people there all to pay their respects. Half of which were cops. Cops from neighboring towns, Detroit cops, cops from all over. It was pretty impressive. There were lots of sweet Mopars in the parking lot, too. (including Gary's Challenger right in front)

Emotions ran high in the sorrow department and I wasn't sure I was going to make it to the front of the line to say hello to Nikki. When I was just about to the front I thought I was going to lose it, but soon found that Nikki was a pillar of warmth and confidence. Yeah, she was bumming, but what immense strength she demonstrated. It only figures that a guy like Gary got a gal like Nikki. Sweet, considerate and welcoming. She gave ME the strength to push on, as compared to the other way around. How ironic. I felt like a blubbering mess,(I wasn't actually crying, but felt like I was gonna' at any moment) but HER attitude really helped me pull it together and feel good about being there. Imagine that. What a fantastic lady.

Should be another impressive display of police and Mopar iron tomorrow for the procession. I feel honored to be able to participate and more than anything, EXTREMELY honored to have made friends with Gary a few years ago. We're gonna' miss that donut eatin' speed freak. (I love jabbin' Gary with that stereotype! ) He was and still is one helluva' guy cuz he's gonna' live on forever in my book.

Dale