Quote:

My GTX has the 284/484 Mopar cam. During recent discussions on the board I was told by many that they really disliked this cam (their opinion was the stock 440 cam was just as good under certain circumstances).

Anyway, I currently have a low stall converter (~2100 rpms) and a 3.55 suregrip. If I swap in a Dynamic or PTC 3000 rpm converter would that wake the cam up or should I change the converter and cam together? If so, what cam?

This is a 100% street car.

I'd yank the cam and get something that will work with your combo. I didn't read all the posts but that cam along w/ the 509 is a race designed cam. It needs a lot of compression, good heads, headers, 3400 stall (or more) and at least 3.91's to be effective. I had a simial set-up in a 67 coronet when I bought it. The thing was a flat dog. I went w/ the summit 488 and it was 100% beeter for the application.

hahah thought this post looked fimilar..hey HyperSonic what's that car urun? It's a beautiful car...looks like a 10 flat car???? and nobody is saying a 484 won't run, but if you have a pretty much a stock stall and low gears there are better cams on the market.

Last edited by SWINGIN\'72; 02/21/10 11:02 AM.

[IMG]http://i66.tinypic.com/pui5j.jpg[/IMG]
Coming soon!!!!