Quote:

Quote:

I too have the 108cl 284/484 cam in a built 383.(12.5 trw's w/ported 906's,RPM intake,1 7/8 headers,PTC 3000 converter) I've been trying to get it to run better for the past couple summers and have only been able to pull around 9-10in of vacummn at idle (6-7 in gear)and still have terrible power brakes! I think some of the problem's is in the carb but one major inprovement's came from yanking one of the dizzy springs out completly! Atleast now its a million times more responsive than it was. I have no idea were the timing is at, I've been retarding it more and more and it actully runs stronger and stronger! Bottom end is better than it was too! I know I need more gear as its only got the 3.54's in it.
I think next Im going to step up to a 850dp holley and try that instead of the 750 vacummn sec. one on there.

I plan to keep tuning on it over the summer.
Over-all its not a bad cam to run............but there's got to be better one's.

I'm going to suggest that after reading your tuning description you have alot bigger problems to worry about than a cam swap....

//////////////////////////////////////////////////\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
To defend myself alittle, I understand that my combo has some flaws, but last year alot of members on here suggested diffrent things to make this combo work as opposed to swaping in a diffrent cam. The major consenses was that I need to look into my distribtor and that by pulling out one spring I should see a diffrence. WHICH I DID, and since, it has made driving the car a ton better I just moved on to bumping the dizzy one way or the other till the car started with a bump of the key and where it seems to PULL the strongest! GRANTED, this is not the proper way to "dial it in" but this is what I've done to "get me by" and get the car on the road. The car actually runs real good but I know it needs more ajustments to reach its full potential, but NOBODY AROUND ME IS A MOPAR GUY.........mostly CHEVY guys and they offer advice..............but basically Im on my own~

The motor is NOT an actual 12.5 to one motor.......Thats what the TRW (piston) tech guy said it would be with the CLOSED CAMBER heads, He also said it would be a "point and a half lower" with the opens, so its probably in the 11.1 range.
Basically my post was a cry for help, as I have no-where near the experience you guys have............ Thanks for your response though.