Quote:

Quote:

11.80's with a weak 750 Eddy carb and a so-so trans. Bottom ends aren't as critical as heads, converter, and gear.
They are good cams for what they were designed for. Bracket racing. and the 73 440 was out of a Police Fury origanlly. Guy was going to put it in a Duster and ran out of $$. All he did was have a valve job, t-chain, 509 cam and used some old Offy intake w/ the T-quad. Car ran great on the highway.

You failed to mention that this time was with a procharger with I think 5-7psi of boost??

nope that was a completely different car. The 68 dart ran 11's the 69 Charger was a car I had back in 91. The 67 coronet had the paxton. when I got the car it had a basic 9:1ish 440 w/ logs 484 cam and 3.55's. The car ran ok but really didn't have any bottom end (wrong cam) so I started by swapping in the Sumitt 488 cam. Ran much better and then things evloved to the supercharger. AND the 484 isn't such a great cam for a S/C car.
484's and 509's can run well but there are much better and cheaper cams if you want to use your stockish converter and 3.55's