Quote:

The connector pin-outs can be found in the FSM section 8W-80. A glance at the fluid flow diagrams in the same FSM will show how the governor pressure acts on the shift valves and how throttle pressure interacts.

IMO the ideal controller would have adjustable governor pressure curves to emulate the numerous mechanical governor configurations of the old mechanical governor. For example, the old troubleshooting numbers of 10 psi governor pressure for every 10 mph is just general, the lightweight HP governors had different pressure values so as to shift later at WOT.

So would having a knob to adjust the ratio work alright? Rotate it to select 1.1psi/mph, 1.2, 1.3, 0.9, 0.8, etc? I'd like to avoid a windows program to change parameters (if possible).

This is the manual I have right now (as well as the ATSG one). I'm still looking for an actual Dodge FSM.
http://bellsouthpwp2.net/t/h/thegobbells/dodge/Transmission/46re-manual.pdf

For OD & LU points, I was going to basically emulate what is done with the RH swaps. OD over Xmph, and LU over Ymph. Once vacuum drops too much, take it out of LU, and even more, drop it out of OD (?). Have some inputs for switches to manually turn those off as well.

Between that and options to apply lock up in 2nd, maybe I will need a configuration program.

I may borrow a few ideas from the MS stuff, but I think I'd rather do my own hardware than hack onto theirs. I'm aiming for more or less an easy swap and install, and I really don't want to build their boards with all the through hole components Surface mount is actually much easier for me to deal with.

I've seen a little on how increasing the Line Pressure can have benefits for towing, but I don't think I have any way to control that, nor would just increasing governor pressure have any real benefits for towing (right?). Or rather, if the user manually increases their line pressure, then the governor pressure needs to be increased as well, correct? Maybe even another input for a separate line pressure sensor

Thanks for the replies

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.