Originally Posted By Speedog24
So I’m going to bump an old thread, but I’ve been doing a lot of research and I’m interested in what you were working on. Is it still in the works? Any updates if so? If not, would you be interested in parting with what you have done so far? I’m going to be building/programming a module myself if you aren’t going to finish this one, as I don’t care for the one linked above, and I like the features you were going for in yours. Or maybe I could help further production on yours? I’m a carb intake away from a truck with a 5.9 46re stand-alone setup I could test on. (Albeit mine has 190k miles and could go at any time lol) What needs to be done to get this module to production?

Well... the prototype worked well enough controlling the governor pressure compared to the road speed. But, there was no way to adjust anything, nor any temperature/4lo compensation.

It really needs a LOT more programming to be anywhere near user friendly. Currently the idea was to use a hand held 4x20 character display to do all the programming (@ $120). I could make it use a PC, but that requires a laptop, and another program and more tech support. Or throw a bluetooth module on it and have it talk to a phone, but if I do just android, that cuts out half the market. Or I need to do two more mobile apps for apple and android.

Beyond that, one of the first main hangups is that I really know relatively little about transmissions and troubleshooting them. So if a customer installs this and says it slips or does something weird, I have no way to help them figure that out, other then sending them here laugh2

Secondly, I never did find a good source for any of the electrical plugs the harness needs (the 8 pin RE is $50 with pins already crimped, no good source for the speed sensor plugs, etc). With base costs like that, I'd have to charge at least $700-800 each to make it worthwhile, which seems higher than most would want to pay.

I also don't have the vehicle I was testing it on anymore, so I don't a way to test it.

Finally, I also recently got a full time job, and we're working on starting up a laser engraving business, so I don't have that much free time anymore to spend on it.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.