So I've been thinking some more about how to control the shift points. It's a bit tricky, since it isn't like other transmissions that have solenoids I can control to select a gear.

The RH governor outputs roughly 1psi/mph. The governor pressure is the only thing I can control on the RE.

Basically, the governor pressure and throttle valve pressure push on opposite sides of each shift shuttle valve. Once the governor pressure is higher than the throttle valve pressure, it shifts (I think). At low throttle positions, the governor pressure wins sooner, and causes an upshift. At higher throttle positions, it takes the governor longer to overcome the throttle valve pressure causing higher shifts.

So help me out here: Since the governor pressure has to be higher than the throttle valve pressure to cause an upshift, to raise the shift points, we want the governor pressure to be lower than it normally would be? Right? If we want really low shift points, we'd want higher governor pressure?

I'll likely have to include both a MAP and TPS (throttle position) sensor inputs.

Also, since OD & LU are solenoids I can control at any time, I can use a simple mph on/off, or even a curve based on load.

Is there anyone in the southern Oregon area with a stock RE I can do some datalogging on?

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.