Just got back from the first drive test. It was... uneventful. At light throttle it hit 3rd at about 30mph. 3/4 throttle it hit third at about 50mph. It had no trouble keeping the governor pressure at the current MPH.

Right now I'm doing just a 1:1 psi:mph ratio, so the higher shift was all due from the throttle lever.

Overall, I'm pleased. It won't be much more work to add a look up table to generate a lower/higher pressure:speed calculation to raise the shift points as desired.

It also shouldn't take too long to add the logic for OD & LU.

Originally Posted By DeMopuar
Hoozie,

Just curious how confident you feel that you'll have a great working controller? I'm getting close to pulling the trigger on a transmission, and I have a couple of choices, RH or RE.

I'm pretty confident that once it's ready, the controller will be quite robust. I have a list of all the stock error conditions and codes. I can duplicate the test for the relevant ones, and in the event of an issue, I can show the stock error code.

If you (or anyone else) has a running & driving RE and wants to volunteer to do some testing and give me feedback, I can offer a steep discount on the controller.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.