Quote:

This is a product that the Durango/Dakota/Jeep guys would love to have. 42/44/46RE's

It would be so nice to use a different ECM like a Megasquirt without having to piggyback on the stock JTEC and hoping you don't do something to kick it into limp mode. Or even ditch the EFI all together and use a carb if you want.

I searched the megashift forum and never found where anyone had really made any progress adapting it to a Mopar trans.

That was kinda the idea. For myself, I'm looking at doing the Ford 5.0 EFI, and would need either this controller, or an RH transmission.

Last I checked, one guy had made the megasquirt trans controller work with an RE, but you have to find the right circuit boards and the right code, and then make it work. I'm aiming for an OOTB solution.

My controller will need to know the vehicle speed, so it will either need to:
A - use a speedometer cable pass through that generates an electronic signal that goes to the controller (like this http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-G2887-1/)
or B - Use the electronic speed signal from the trans, and then drive a stepper motor to work with cable driven speedometers.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.