Hi everyone,

I will add my opinion that it should only be done for someone who has their original BCS. And, I agree with an earlier poster about keeping track of the "replacement/display" versions in an easily verifiable manner. I would not personally consider a car to be worth less if it came with a 'new' BCS along with its original.
On a personal note, I am building my own dream car out of a '74 'Cuda that will end up appearing like a '71 while probably having either a modern 6.1 HEMI or a Viper V10. I would love to have an original appearing BCS with my information on it. This would include the original 1974 VIN#, and the proper codes of the options I include, with special codes (perhaps modern ones) for the engine and trans, and custom suspension/brake systems. I would like for a line across the top to read "Custom Built to Paul's dream", for example. Perhaps with a Disclaimer and Credit by the manufacturer. This would be strictly for shows as a novelty piece. I know that a lot of other members out there would like a quality piece like this for their displays at car shows.
I'm hoping that this approach might be considered, as well.

With respect to all,
Paul

1970 Barracuda Convertible
1970 Newport Convertible
1970 Satellite Convertible
1974 'Cuda shell - '71 conversion
1988 Oldsmobile Cutlass w/455
2003 RAM3500 CTD
2007 Caliber R/T AWD
2007 Magnum SRT-8
2016 Chrysler Town & Country