The problem is it is up to the owner whether they want a BCS reproduced or not. I have scraps of mine left after the mouse got to it, but luckily the serial number is still legible along with other codes that match. In that case, I myself would like to have one reproduced because my car is numbers matching and original.

If you cannot prove the options the car came with, numbers don't match up on the drivetrain, and other things, then that person should NOT be able to reproduce a BCS, unless they disclose that the car is not original and the BCS repro is clearly labeled as a fake.

The big problem is that it is hard to completely prove the identity of a said car. I know one guy who had a completely rotted original 69' GTS Dart and a perfectly clean 69' Dart GT. He decided to swap the vin, fender tag, and all other numbers onto the Dart GT. In that case, it would be extremely hard to tell the difference as the base line dart body is identical to the GTS.

There will always be some sort of fraud involved in the hobby and misrepresentation. The smart buyer and car nut would research and become informed on such topics as this and would be able to tell the difference. Case and point, a guy on craigslist down here in Texas claiming that his 74' Roadrunner is original with the numbers matching 383 and 4 speed. Hmmm most of us know that 383's had stopped being built in 71' and it would have been a 400. At that point, maybe the owner was confused about what he had or he was actually trying to lie and get max money for his car. This will haunt the Mopar world, as well as Ford and Chevrolet, for as long as the car hobby exists.

Project War Bird: 1971 Plymouth Roadrunner 383 4 speed with air conditioning GY3 Curious yellow All original