You know I am on the fence on this one. On one hand I see where this could go REALLY BAD(IE PEOPLE LIKE FREDDIE E that are out to make millions and not a care who they hurt). On the other hand I would love to have one for my 72 340 duster. I bought that car when I was a junior in high school. I never checked it out except that I checked the dash numbers and they were for a 340. I had to have it and ponied up the 1600 bucks for it. Once I got it home I then found the sheet/parts of it and also found out that it had no v.i.n tag. So for me who never plans on selling it(before you guys bash me yes I know some day I will die and that things can change where I might need to sell it BUT I WILL DO WHAT I CAN TO NOT SELL IT!!!!) I would personally love to have a nice new copy of the sheet and the tag. If only there was a way for people like me that both items COULD BE MARKED AS REPRO'S. That would be great. I am one who would use them as displays at a show. Am I dreaming? Maybe maybe not but who knows what the years will bring? I never thought I would see sheet metal coming out like it has been in the past few years as well as the quality of the repro parts that are made. The only bad thing is that even with these cars being so old it take money to get the 'RIGHTS" to put the stamp on them to make them look right. Remember all the stuff that Layson's went through......

Good luck Mike and Dave on this I hope the end results will be for the good of the WHOLE MARKET BASE and wont be abused in a negative way by people who are out to take advantage of people by selling them a car that is not what it really is or reboding a car ect ect ect. Maybe there is a way that a data base could be kept where ever sheet that is reproed be listed on so that everyone could check it out. Hey they do it with all the 'OTHER" registries why not this subject?

Corey

Last edited by hotairballoonpilot; 04/28/10 08:49 PM.

Contact Me about AMD Prices