Quote:

A broadcast sheet is the only thing that should not be reproduced to look like it might be an original. As everyone knows, it was hit or miss if a car got a broadcast sheet put in it at the factory and if you got one, you have one, and if you didn't, well, then you don't. If you have a 1/2 of one, you have a 1/2 of one. If the mouse chewed yours up, the mouse chewed it up. They are what they are and they should be left alone. End of story.

I could not agree more.

What happens another 40 years down the road when the 100 percent accurate reproduction sheet has aged like the real one? How will the next generation of collectors tell the difference? (I know which piece of paper I would want.) Three owners down the line, the car changes hands and for whatever reason, the real build sheet is withheld or unintentionally lost in the "safe" place, and the reproduction is passed along. I would not want to be the buyer stuck in that position.

Until now, the broadcast sheet has been the one thing that hasn't been able to be accurately duplicated. I'm perfectly fine with this. While the build sheet is not the only factor in determining value in a car, it's mightly weighty, and I feel it is something that should not be touched by the reproduction industry.

Of the reproduction items currently available, the window stickers and fender tags are nice to have, but add little to no value - because, well, you know what they are. In my opinion, to offer a reproduction build sheet compromises the integrity of the original.